Amy McGregor is a photographic artist based in Canberra. Her work explores the potential of photography to generate speculation and narrative with minimal information. She draws from the aesthetic and icons of television and film from the 1970s and 80s.
2010 - Graduated Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours, 1st Class) from the Australian National University.
- Episode, Solo Exhibition, CCAS Manuka, Canberra 2018
- Space and Place, QFP5 Photography Prize (finalist), Queensland Centre for Photography, Brisbane - 29 March - 27 April 2014
- Ellipsis, Group Show, ANCA Gallery Canberra October 2013
- The Real and Ideal, Group Show,M16 Artspace Canberra March 2012
- Pingyao International Photography Festival, China 2011
- Staring Into Space, group show, M16 Artspace, Canberra 2011
- Taken Place, Solo Exhibition, ANCA Gallery, Canberra 2011
- Hatched 2011, Perth Institute of Contemporary Art, Perth 2011
- Trivia, group show ANU Foyer Gallery 2011
- ANU School of Art Graduate Exhibition 2010
- ANU School of Art Graduate Exhibition 2009
- Guerrilla Art Exhibition, Hobart Place , Canberra 2009
- International Expanded Cinema Extravaganza, National Film and Sound Archive, Canberra. April 2009 (as part of OtherFilm collective initiative) Film by 15 People: A Photo-sonic Torchlight Experiment.
ANU School of Art - Emerging Artists Support Scheme 2010
The ANCA Exhibition Award, 2010
The KPMG Acquisition Award, 2010
The Art Monthly Subscription Award, 2010
Space and Place, QFP5 Photography Prize, Queensland Centre for Photography, Brisbane 2014
Hatched 2011, Perth Institute of Contemporary Art, Perth 2011